Over break I had a chance to finally let my hair down and play for a whole four days...I know, I know out of three weeks there had to be more time, but really it boiled down to four fabulous days. Two we spent skiing, one climbing and another resting in our PJs.
Being a mother there are a lot of things I have done I never thought I would see myself do - most of which I won't share one this page, but you can imagine that some of it has to do with every type of body fluid in one way or another. :-)
Taking Logan skiing this break was breathtaking - We started by going up the lift, he pulled off well and when I went to take him between my skies...he told me "let go mommy" Dumbfounded and terrified I let go of his little body, trying to coach him to make a "pizza" with his skies to slow and "french fries" to go fast. Off he went, he fell, cried and got back up. He had a blast and he wanted to ski all day.
Which we did - it only took a brief moment in the car and he was asleep for the rest of the night. Quite literally we haven't even gotten far from our parking space.
Even with all the work that comes with being a parent, I truly have been blessed to have such a wonderful son. On his sixth birthday I came to school and almost cried when I saw him holding the door open for his teacher after recess. When I was in pain after surgery he kissed my cheek and hugged my body then asked "do you feel better?" Then just yesterday, he had the ultimate challenge - four hours at school with me. He did wonderful and told his teacher today how proud he is of his mommy. Can you tell I am beaming?
Logan has also taken to Gabe, my crazy man. He has been my strong hold and literally has carried me through. Even with his own commitments and stresses, he takes the time for me always. He always hugs me as if he has all day... Needless to say I am very excited for this summer. It will be the first time we have had together when I am not in school, we have so many ideas...honestly I will be happy if we can only fit half of them in. With me being done with school for a while, Gabe should be starting the Medic program in October, so it will be a full year from this July before life will start as normal. What ever that is? :-)
As for life right now, my count down above is referring to how much I miss the time I used to have. I feel like I met myself in every direction I go and I always have something. Either as a mother, a student, a partner, a caretaker, an employee or as a patient. I have to say I really don't mind most everything, but school sure has taken it's toll on me.
This quarter will hopefully be the end of my bad health and the beginning of feeling like Superwoman again. Weekly PT is helping increase my mobility, but the faith I once had in my body has been disrupted. As I put the puzzle pieces back together I realize how much I have left to place. My many scars remind me daily of the pain I have felt and inspire me to believe that I can claim this body that was once mine even when it feels lost. So today I decided I need to set a goal as I always have in the past - ***I am going to run the Seafair Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon in two hours or less this June*** SUPERFUN! My times before have been about 2:15 - 2:30, so it is not that much faster, but it is a goal none the less. So I am going into training mode, which I am very excited for and it will be just in time to celebrate. :-)
Well I guess that is all I have to write, I hope this finds everyone well and happy!
The ski trip sounds awesome! It was great seeing Logan in class the other day - I was so impressed with how he handled himself.
ReplyDelete