Today was a spectacular day. The view was amazing and our mountains stood in all their glory. Mt. Rainier stood half orange glowing in my eye - I stopped to stare before finally heading inside.
The high from my run is still lingering with me. I slipped into my 5 fingered shoes - each toe nestled individually, my iPod flipped on and as soon as the music drifted into my ears, I took off.
The first ten minutes my body questions what I am doing, my breathing was sporadic and my feet were awkward. Suddenly, my breathing went into a rhythmic pattern and my body fell into a joyful stride. The rush of adrenaline took over my body and a smile overtook my face. I felt like I was dancing on air, feeling my toes push into the ground below me and soaring low after each takeoff.
Sailing through the air, for the first time in a long time, I remembered why I adore running. Focusing on my stride, I pushed it wider feeling the stretch along my scar and loving it.
I am not quite sure if it was because of my huge goofy grin or my occasional vocal performance, but everyone that ran past me smiled.
It was the best run I have had in over a year - Watch out, SUPERFUN is making a comeback :-)
Congratulations on getting back to running. I know, at 8 1/2 months prego, I sure miss it. Good luck with the Seafair half-marathon!
ReplyDelete